TERMS & CONDITIONS OF BUSINESS
1. Service Shropshire Dyslexia Tutoring strives to attain a high quality, professional service, whilst maintaining a personal and friendly approach.
2. Contacting me I/We can be contacted by email or telephone. If you would like to speak in person, a consultation time can be arranged. For private tuition clients, a brief time can be allocated towards the end of your son or daughter’s lesson. I/We may be out of contact between Christmas and New Year, but will endeavour to return your call or email as soon as possible.
3. Disclosures Information must be disclosed in confidence as soon as possible regarding a student’s previous and current medical condition, health problem or allergy; history of learning, behaviour, disability or difficulty; any circumstances affecting the student’s welfare. This is important so that I/we can provide appropriate tuition and support.
Confidentiality and Data Protection I/We adhere to the Data Protection Act 1998. All personal details as disclosed by clients will be held in confidence. Information regarding private tuition clients will not be shared with any third party without the written consent of the student’s parents or carers. For private tuition clients, information will not be shared with a student’s school without the prior written consent of the student’s parents or carers.
4. Property and Materials All books and materials that are provided remain the property of Shropshire Dyslexia Tutoring.
5. Fees I/We provide a list of fees in advance, so there are no surprises. Fees include the loan of any books or materials for homework.
6. Invoices I/We will raise invoices to clients by email at these times: Course of private tuition: before the start of each school term, or during a half-term if tuition commences at that point. Additional work will be invoiced at the point of delivery. School referral clients will be invoiced directly, on the above basis. For schools: invoices to clients will be raised at times that have been agreed with the school.
7. Payment For private clients: I/we expect invoices to be paid within ten days of receipt. Failure to do so may result in tuition being suspended. Settlement terms for schools will be arranged directly with the school. I/We accept payment by BACS, cheque or cash.
Refunds and absence I/We cannot provide refunds as a result of student illness, holidays or adverse weather. I/We will endeavour to offer a lesson at an alternative time but this cannot be guaranteed. If I/We should need to cancel a lesson for any reason, I/we will offer a lesson at an alternative time.
Punctuality Students are asked to arrive punctually, to ensure a full lesson is available within the time allocated.
8. Termination of engagement If you wish to terminate tuition a term’s notice in writing, either letter or email, is required to be sent to the address below. If I/We am/are unable to fulfil our commitments to you for any reason I/we will contact you and confirm this in writing.
9. Ownership of Copyright Reports and diagnostic reports provided by Shropshire Dyslexia Tutoring are subject to copyright and may not be modified and/or reproduced.
Website External links: any organisation wishing to set up a link to this site must request this by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
The existence of an external link does not imply that Shropshire Dyslexia Tutoring endorses the views or activities of that organisation. All reasonable endeavours will be used to maintain website functioning. Shropshire Dyslexia Tutoring does not warrant that the functions contained in the material on this site will be uninterrupted, or that the server that makes it available is free of viruses.
Force Majeure Shropshire Dyslexia Tutoring cannot be responsible for the impact on any part of our service of events beyond our control, such as power cuts.
These Terms and Conditions shall be governed in accordance with the laws of England and Wales.